Is pregnancy possible in women with endometrial hyperplasia?
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Endometrial hyperplasia is an abnormal proliferation of the endometrium lining of the uterus. Women with irregular or heavy menstrual cycles, are at a greater risk for developing endometrial hyperplasia. the endometrial hyperplasia indicates a hormonal imbalance. Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia includes progesterone or oral contraceptives for 3 months or more. However, an endometrial biopsy should be done before undergoing any treatment as endometrial ( uterine ) cancer must be ruled out. If the cyst is simple then these can be observed for 2 - 3 months by repeating the scan. If pain, pressure symptoms develop then surgical excision can be considered. It can also be considered in case of a complex cyst. Infertility workup should be initiated if one year of unprotected intercourse doesn't result in success. Semen analysis of your husband should be done primarily as jumping to stimulation via clomiphene or HMG without semen analysis wont be a good idea. Thyroid function tests and prolactin levels should be obtained. Ovulation induction , initially via clomiphene and HMG if clomiphene fails should be the next step. If you still do not conceive, laparoscopy can be advised to check the patency of the fallopian tubes. Folate supplementation and weight loss ( if you are over weight ) can also help in the overall management.
Stay hopeful, hope you get good news sooner.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Homeopathic remedies for endometrial hyperplasia
- Endometrial hyperplasia after ablation
- Endometrial hyperplasia ultrasound
- Primolut n for endometrial hyperplasia
- Endometrial hyperplasia treatment with homeopathy
- Endometrial hyperplasia and cancer risk
- Endometrial hyperplasia with atypia
- How is endometrial hyperplasia diagnosed
- Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia
- Adrenal hyperplasia endometrial hyperplasia
- What does blood in urine after a spider bite suggest?
- Suggest treatment for high phosphorus content in body
- What causes swelling in the face area?
- What are the symptoms of lyme disease?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue and excessive tiredness
- What causes Fever, headache, chest pain and shortness of breath in...
- What causes swelling and pain in left lower sternum area?
- Is pregnancy possible in women with endometrial hyperplasia?
- Suggest remedy for pain from tumor on the liver
- Can Methadone be taken along with Subutex?