Is pregnancy possible despite taking Plan B?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I had unprotected sex 3 days before my period was due. He didn't come inside me but I took the morning after pill just in case. I took the 'Norlevo' pill around 32 hours after. My period was due the day after I took the pill but it hasn't come. I'm very anxious as it is four days late now. Is this normal? I am also experiencing some white vaginal discharge and worried that this could mean it didn't work and I am pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are not pregnant

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

There is no need for concern ( I presume that you have regular cycles). Firstly he did not cum inside you. Secondly you were in the safe period. If you have 28-32 days of period cycle the week before the period is safe. Sexual intercourse during this period will not result in pregnancy. In addition you have taken the Norlevo pill.

There is no possibility of pregnancy in the above circumstances.

You have not got your period because of the Norlevo pill that you have taken. You may get your period in a week's time. So dont worry about it.

I hope this is helpful.

If you have further concerns, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Ramadevi Wani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee