Is pregnancy possible despite taking Plan-B after intercourse?
Today I had sex with my boyfriend, I am not currently on birth control because I've been dealing with slightly high testosterone levels, so my obgyn has recommended I stay off the pill. We used a condom, but it stayed inside me after he pulled out. Unfortunately, last Thursday we had unprotected sex but he pulled out before ejaculation, but I used Plan B the morning after to be safe. Right now, I am very worried and want to use Plan B again, but I am worried that it will negatively impact my body. What would you recommend?
Need some information.
Thanks for writing to us.
Let me know the following things for proper suggestion or answer specifically.
1) What was your last date of period?
2) Is it regular or irregular? Duration of cycle?
3) When do you involve in sex according to your monthly cycle?
Awaiting for your earliest response.
Dr S Patra
2) It is typically regular give or take about 3 days or so, and it last about 4-5 days
3) I haven't been sexually active for a while until recently, and do not typically time it around any particular point in my cycle.
Need to take Plan B.
Thanks for your information.
According to your last period date, you involved in unprotected sex (including spillage of condom) during your fertile period in both occasions.
I suggest you to take Plan-B pill again to avoid unwanted pregnancy though frequent use of emergency pill is NOT recommended. There are no other options to prevent pregnancy in this case.
You will get withdrawal bleeding like period within 5-7 days or it may coincide with your regular period date. You should consult with your gynecologist for long term contraceptive method (like Depo shot or Norplant) or Combined hormonal pill (Cyproterone acetate and ethinyl estradiol) .
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Good luck.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lightheaded after taking plan b
- Late after taking plan b
- After taking plan b infection
- Spotting after taking plan b
- Discharge after taking plan b
- Took plan b after intercourse chances of pregnancy
- Signs of pregnancy after taking plan b
- Had intercourse took plan b chances of pregnancy
- After taking plan b
- Is pregnancy possible after taking plan b post sex