Is pregnancy possible despite taking Nexplanon?
Nexplanon is effective on its own at a contraceptive you do not need backup
Hello, and I hope I can help you today.
Nexplanon is effective enough as a birth control method that many women use it as a primary method of contraception, meaning that they do not use an additional form of birth control. It is greater than 99% effective and prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation in the woman. It is effective for two years from the date of insertion.
Therefore even if you did ejaculate inside of her, she is protected against pregnancy.
So in your case, she does not need to take Plan B or any other form of emergency contraception. In addition, there is no reason why you need to use withdrawal as long she has the Nexplanon, however if you find doing that reassuring, that is okay too.
I hope that I was able to adequately answer your question today, and that this information was helpful and reassuring to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pregnancy symptoms on nexplanon
- Centralstimulantia nexplanon
- Pregnancy test accuracy with nexplanon implant
- Is pregnancy possible even after having nexplanon implant
- Nexplanon pregnancy rate
- Nexplanon anaphylaxis
- Nexplanon and pregnancy
- Got the nexplanon implant had brown discharge chances of pregnancy
- Signs of pregnancy on nexplanon
- Can being on the nexplanon implant effect a pregnancy result