Is pregnancy possible despite taking I-pill?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I indulged in sexual activity on 4th Feb 2017 and in which there was no penetration,my boyfriend touched my vagina for few seconds and safety purpose I took ipill in 72hours n I had some bleeding on 12th February 2017 for 4days and my period date was 16 February 2017 and last period date was 16/1/2017 .I took pregnancy test on 23 February afternoon which was negative and again on 25th February afternoon which was also negative.when will I get my period and what does it all means? Should I need to do more pregnancy test?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The irregularity in periods is because of the I pill.
You may get your next period within a few days.
No need to take any more pregnancy tests, as pregnancy is ruled out.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Madam , according to you there is no chance of pregnancy,so I need not to take another test. So what should I do for regulating my period again and what changes should I make in my diet n routine for balancing harmones

Thank you ma'am for giving me XXXXXXX of relief.
I took ipill just for safety purpose as I mentioned above also that no penetration occurred during intimacy and after ipill my body is not working properly as I feels bloated Everytime and I feel stressed and tired. this was first time for me in such activity so I became so panicked n I took ipill.what should I do if I didn't get period for few days more? Do I need any ultrasound or test?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Your periods will become regular in one to two months.
ONce the effect of the I pill is gone, the hormones will get balanced again.
Avoid taking I pill in future.
Exercise daily and eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Yes, no need to repeat the pregnancy test.

Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
If you do not get your period in a few more days, please go for a pelvic ultrasound scan .
Upload the report so that I can get back to you.