Is pregnancy possible despite taking I-pill?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hello doctor,
I am 19 years old and had a sex on 23rd XXXXXXX and took I pill within 24 hours. I got my periods 4 days late on the 1st march and was due on 28th Feb but it's been monthly nearly now and it's 24th Feb today and I am getting brown colour bleeding for 2 days now which is not like normal and I had pain in Lower back and in stomach also. Please Doctor suggest the best asap. I m very worried. Should I go to doctor to get it check . I don't want to go to doctor. So please suggest what to do. Is this a sign to be worried ? Plz suggest asap doctor
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine pregnancy test

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks for trusting health care magic
I understand your anxiety about the issue.
Most likely this is all due to the emergency pill intake but still do a urine pregnancy test to be doubly sure.
If negative then nothing to worry about. Avoid taking emergency pills every now and then.
Dr Manisha Jain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 22 hours later
Doctor thanks for your answer. But Doctor I had periods which was 4 days late only but today after a month now after I had sex, I did not have brown bleeding and is stopped now, was there for 2 days very light. But Doctor in the morning I had bleeding from the nose..a bit and got pimples too on my neck, face and waist. Doctor I don't want to do pregnancy test and nor I want to visit doctor. I m too young doctor. Please suggest doctor what I can do.. what is the other way. Is it after effect only of pill or what.. I m very tensed doctor .. please please suggest bestt.. I don't want to go to doctor and do pregnancy test. Please suggest asap.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes dear at least a pregnancy test is needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, pregnancy test is a must to rule out pregnancy completely.
But in my opinion there seems no risk of pregnancy and all these symptoms are due to emergency pill only.
Next month you will get proper periods and eventually everything will return to normal.
This nose bleed is because of changing season and is unrelated to periods
All the best