Is pregnancy possible despite taking I pill after unprotected sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016
Excellent

OBGYN
Question
I had unprotected sex and took an i pill with in 30 hours two days later i saw brown color discharge so i took pee tests all says negative can i be pregnant?
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
WITHDRAWAL BLEEDING. LOW CHANCE.

Detailed Answer:

I-pill gives more than 85% protection when it is taken within 24 to 48 hrs. Your chance of pregnancy will be extremely LOW if you DIDN'T involve in unprotected sex during your fertile days or ovulation time (14 days prior to due date).

Second thing, you got brown discharge due to effect of the pill. It is withdrawal bleeding. It is quite common and physiological phenomena. Just maintain genital hygiene properly and it will stop automatically.

Third thing, your next period may be delayed for 1 to 2 weeks due to hormonal imbalance and stress. However, you should wait for next period and if it delays more than 1 week, then you must undergo one home pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. Your test is INVALID.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and practice protected sex in future.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible despite taking I pill after unprotected sex? 53 minutes later
I am scared i dont want to get pregnant i read online that brown discharge can be early symptom of pregnancy is that true? I spoke to my doctor here she said i cant be pregnant but after reading so much i panicked and so i had given blood sample for test and want it to be negative i am so worried

Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
REPLY FAST.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

1) What is your last menstrual period date?
2) Is your period regular or irregular?
3) Duration of cycle?

Reply these questions to assist you better.

Dr S Patra

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible despite taking I pill after unprotected sex? 1 minute later
It started in july 3rd an ended in 8th . It is regular never had a problem with that and XXXXXXX 5 days i have my periods ..

Answered by Dr. S Patra 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NEED FOLLOWING INFORMATION.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your information.

I mean to say the duration of cycle whether it comes 28 or 30 days interval.

Do you have heavy discharge or light and when did you involve in sex?

Waiting for your response.

Dr S Patra

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible despite taking I pill after unprotected sex? 3 minutes later
30 days normally but sometimes 28 because i take pills for acne tretiva 20 mg ... Very light but brown in color and it was 3 days aftr my periods had ended ..

Answered by Dr. S Patra 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY. NO NEED TO WORRY.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for worthy information.

Now things are very clear to me. You DID SAFE sex according to last period date and took I-PILL additionally after 30 hrs.

You got withdrawal bleeding (brown discharge) after taking the pill. It is quite common phenomena.

Here, you have NO chance of pregnancy. However, your period may be delayed for 1-2 weeks due to hormonal imbalance. Don't be worried much.

Hope, I have answered your query and it is easier to understand. Kindly, close the discussion and rate the answer.

All the best and good luck.

Dr S Patra.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible despite taking I pill after unprotected sex? 2 minutes later
The blood tests that i had given will be negative too i have no early pregnancy symptoms too i feel nothing at all apart from the discharge i read so much online and it has been killing me inside i have taken so much stress that my doctor asked me to take the test so that i can be satisfied

Answered by Dr. S Patra 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for query.

Don't be stressed up. You DID SAFE sex and there is NO chance of pregnancy. You will get NEGATIVE blood test in my point of view.

Don't be worried about this and you should practice protected sex in safe period.

Hope, I have cleared your doubt. If you have any other query, you can ask me so that you get some ease.

Dr S Patra.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible despite taking I pill after unprotected sex? 4 minutes later
Thank u soo much Doctor i am so relieved i wasnt able to even think straight . Talking to you has made me feel better thanx alot

Answered by Dr. S Patra 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MOST WELCOME.

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome in this platform.

Practicing protected sex with condom in safe period NEVER let you be pregnant. So, you MUST mind it this GOLDEN word. Be positive.

For any doubt or future query, you can directly approach me through

Kindly, close the discussion and rate the answer.

Dr S. Patra