Is pregnancy possible despite negative pregnancy test results?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2013
Sep 2013

Question
me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on the 29th of XXXXXXX My last day of period was 12th of XXXXXXX On July 9th i had a heavy flow period but only lasted for 1 day. I did a pregnancy test on on the 19th and 20th of July both were negative. By any chance could I be pregnant?
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy ????

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Your last menses date was 12th XXXXXXX .
Unprotected sex on 29th XXXXXXX .
Ovulation should be around on 14th-15th day after 12th XXXXXXX i.e. 26th 27th XXXXXXX and sex on 29th XXXXXXX . Ovum usually remain active for 48 hours so in your case there is no chance of pregnancy ( 99 % NO CHANCE). All these calculations are based for regular period of 28 days( 5 days flow).
You did home pregnancy test on 19th and 20th July , also negative .
In my opinion heavy flow for one day was normal but due to tension .
No chance of pregnancy.
-Safe day sex
-pregnancy test negative
-heavy flow ( bleeding).
So no pregnancy.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible despite negative pregnancy test results? 28 minutes later
hi I made a mistake.. actually the 12th of XXXXXXX was my first day and lasted 5 days. would it make a difference?

Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy???

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
You didn't made a mistake actually 12th was First day and bleeding was for 5 days.
Once again I assure you , you are not pregnant according to this query.
Good luck.