• question-icon

Is pregnancy possible by having unprotected sex during non fertility period?

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: hi , i had unprotected sex multiple times on the 29th and 30th of march,although my partner did not ejaculate inside. i suffer from pcos and according to the 21 day cycle i was to get my period on either of those dates, which didnt happen. although i did take 2 tablets of femilion on 31st and have been continuing to take 2 every day since then . does femilion act as a birth control pill?will i get pregnant?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rare chance of pregnancy. Stop pills to get period.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) If you did sex on expected date of period (29th or 30th), then your chance of pregnancy is extremely RARE (due to SAFE sex). I am assuming your previous cycle was quite regular.

2) FEMILON can be used as emergency pill if it is taken in RIGHT way (i.e 4 pills within first 24 hrs and next 4 pills after 12 hrs).

As you had taken those pills around expected date of period and then, further continued, your period may be delayed due to hormonal imbalance.

3) I suggest you to stop taking those pills and wait for 3 to 5 days to get your period. Maintain genital hygiene and be stress free.

Hope, it helps for your information. Practice safe sex in future also.

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. S Patra

OB & GYN Specialist