• question-icon

Is pregnancy possible after taking Unwanted 72?

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: My wife & myself had unprotected sex, but after that we had unwanted 72 . In my absence she had taken 2 nos.of tablet With a gap of 2 days.At present stage her periods has been delayed for 8 days & after we had done 1 prega test in late morning hours the report was positive. So is she pregnant ? Is it required to go for doc to avoid pregnancy??
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Yes, if the pregnancy test is positive, then it means that she is pregnant.
Yes you need to consult a gynecologist immediately and get an ultrasound scan done to confirm and date the pregnancy.
Proper pills for medical abortion will then be prescribed with due precautions.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 32 minutes later
Dear Sir,
Thank u for the reply, I just want to know that after unprotected sex with in 72 hours we had taken the pill & after 2 days gap again we had taken another pill.
Now we waited for period date & after it get delayed for 7 days we had taken the prega test but the report was positive . So what shall i consider she is pregnant ? Shall i wait for some more days for any other test ?? Is the pill had failed ?? how i can stop this pregnancy through medication (tablets)??
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Yes, she is pregnant.
It means that the pill failed.
You need to consult a gynecologist for the next test which is an ultrasound test.
Then the pregnancy cannot be stopped, but abortion can be performed with pills which the doctor will prescribe.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 hours later
Thanku mam,
I want to know, right now I'm in official tour I will take another 15 days to return back. Meanwhile while I'm not with my wife. So is there any issue if I take to her after 15 days. to Gynecologist?? What is the maximum time period to do abortion with the help of pills?? I don't want to perform any surgery.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Medical abortion pills are best done within 15 days of missing the period.
If you wish to avoid surgery, it is best that she consults a gynecologist at the earliest without wasting any more days.
In which city is she based ?
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN