Is pregnancy possible after taking Postinor-2?
Dashboard › My Health Queries › Query Thread
Query Thread Answered
21 hours ago
Age:27, Gender: Male
Hi Doctor, I had intercourse during 19th XXXXXXX my wife's last period started on 4th XXXXXXX so i assumed we had sex during her most fertile period. During the intercourse, the condom slipped off and i ejaculated, but i dont think i ejaculated in her as i pulled out immediately. She went to wash up immediately. She took the Postinor pills 12hrs later. As the pharmacist mentioned to us that she will start bleeding from the pills within 5 to 7 days. Till today the 6th day, she felt no effect, no bleeding too. Her expected next period will start on 2nd July.
( She usually does not feel pain or cramps during her period)
What do I have to expect. Im quite worried about her being pregnant as we had not planned to have one.
Thanks for letting us know your health concern.
It is true that you had the intercourse during the fertile period since ovulation occurs two weeks prior to the onset of the next period. Also, even if you did not ejaculate inside, the pre-ejaculate contains enough sperm to cause conception.
Yet, you need not worry as your wife took the emergency pill in the stipulated time. This is going to offer very good protection.
Breakthrough bleeding may not be seen in everyone. Please get help from your health care provider if she becomes overdue by ten days for her next natural period.
Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
This means that I will have to wait until 2nd July to expect her monthly period, if there is a delay by 10days after that, i will have to bring her to a doctor for checkup right? What worry me is because she doesnt feel anything weird nor any flow even after taking the pill. I read online many people will have flows days after the pill.
Can get the blood test for pregnancy ten days after the intercourse.
Thanks for writing back.
The emergency pill works in three ways. If ovulation has not yet happened, it is prevented. If ovulation has occurred, it makes the cervical mucus hostile for the ascending sperm and thus prevents fertilization. If fertilization has occurred, the pill prevents implantation by affecting the endometrial preparation.
If you need an earlier clarification, you get the blood test for pregnancy done ten days after the intercourse. Further management can be planned accordingly. As I mentioned earlier, not everyone has the breakthrough bleeding.
Hope this helps. Please feel free to contact for any further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bleeding after period postinor 2 taken is pregnancy possible
- Possibility of getting pregnant after taking postinor 2
- Cramps after taking postinor 2
- Are there chances of pregnancy after taking postinor 2
- Thrush after taking postinor 2
- Pms after taking postinor 2
- Delayed periods taken postinor-2 possibility of pregnancy
- Will taking postinor 2 prevent pregnancy
- Had intercourse before and after taking postinor-2 chances for pregnancy
- Discharge after taking postinor 2
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?