Is pregnancy possible after protected intercourse?

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Thu, 16 Feb 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Dear doc,

Its been few montha im engagged and i always had protected sex with my fiance.
When we did it for the first time she got her period a week late. Then next time was normal. Three weeks ago, a week after her period, we had sex again and since im such a paranoid person i used three condoms ( i always use extra safe durex latex) during sex. I did not cum and did not finish but just to be on the safe side i changed condoms and then i took the third one and realised i have no more so it was such a stupid thing to do but i reused the second condom again.
I didnt finish while i was inside her, i finished outside inside condom. I checked all condoms later snd all were fine. Filled them with water and even pushed the water till the tip. There was no breakage and condoms were fine.
However im going crazy. She suppose to get her period in next couple of days.
Please help me, is it possible she get pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:

If you did not ejaculate during intercourse, and also did not use the condom that you had ejaculated in, it does not sound like there is a risk for pregnancy.

I think you and she are safe.

I do not know what laws there are about birth control where you live, but perhaps you two might consider other forms of birth control, such as an IUD or the contraceptive pill?

About using more than once condom at a time: doubling up on condoms can cause friction between them and increase the chance of tears. So it isn't recommended to use more than one condom at a time for pregnancy prevention.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 4 hours later
Thank you for yor reply doc,
I didnt use two condom at once, i know its not safe and can cause friction and breakage, but i used three condoms one after another during one time sex, i exchanged them during sex to be safe. But when j ran out of condoms so i used the second one again after like 5 mins. I have not ejaculated in neither of them till i wore the second one again and had sex and then ejaculated inside condom but outside her not inside. So do you think we can rest assured we are safe?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes - that is safe.

Detailed Answer:
Yes, that sounds safe. I don't think you need to worry in this situation.