Is pregnancy possible after non-penetrative sexual activity?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: On 7th august my girlfriend periods ended. On 9 august we were having oral and at that time i massage her clit and i think that there was little but sperm on ny finger. Than on 14 august she start bleeding. But the bleeding was like periods. And it last for 8 days and ended on 22 august. The blood was just like period blood with clots in it. Now she is having nausea and she is having swore breast. But remember she also have hidradenitis suppurativa and she is taking its medicine. She have lumps in her arms and breast. Now i want to ask is she pregnant?she is 20 year old
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not in her fertile period, no possibility of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1 ) First of all do not panic.

2 ) As per your history, the episode of non penetrative sex occurred in the non fertile period of cycle.

So ad such chances of getting pregnant are almost nil

3 ) Also, she started bleeding later on like menstrual period.

In this situation, I will suggest you to get her morning's first sample of urine tested for pregnancy .
In case of any doubt about it, blood beta HCG test and USG will be of help.

4 ) As such, in a woman with regular cycles day 10 to 20 of the cycle is the most fertile period of cycle. So while you were pleasuring her , she was not in that fertile period. So even if you had doubt of having some sperms on your hand should not cause her to get pregnant.

5 ) It won't be wrong on my side to suggest you to get proper sex counselling done. This will help to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STDs, and will prevent various complications in future.

I hope this answer helps you.
I urge to take some time to rate this answer and write a review about the answer.
I will highly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T