question-icon

Is Pregnancy Possible After Intercourse While On Birth Control Pills?

Posted on Mon, 13 Nov 2017
Question: Hello I am 29 years old and I had 2 active pills left in my pack and fell on the hotel floor. I am activty having sex could I get pergant?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Absolute nil chances of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
The chances of pregnancy are almost nil if one misses the last two pills of the pack, the ovulation is unlikely to occur so late in the cycle.
However, if possible you can get another pack and two active pills followed by sugar pills for 7 days to complete the cycle.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine