Is pregnancy after peripartum cardiomyopathy safe?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your wife health and I would like to tell you that the most important thing is to see how well the heart function is recovering from that peripartum Cardiomyopathy.
Majority of the females recover within a couple of months and leads a normal life there after.
I would like to suggest you to get an Echocardiography done for your wife to see how much the heart is functioning now (LV Ejection fraction ).
And one more thing even after a normal healthy delivery one should not plan for a second child for a minimum of 3 years.
I hope this information will be helpful and will guide you properly.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for peripartum cardiomyopathy
- Diagnosis of peripartum cardiomyopathy
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy and pregnancy
- Peripartum cardiomyopathy pregnancy
- Is yoga safe for people with cardiomyopathy
- Symptoms of peripartum cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy in pregnancy
- Peripartum cardiomyopathy causes
- Is albuterol safe for people with a cardiomyopathy
- Treatment and cure for peripartum cardiomyopathy