Is pregnancy advisable after stopping Duphaston?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: My wife has taken Duphaston tablet for irregular periods upto last month. we are planning for the pregnancy. XXXXXXX 10th the last period has started. We had a intercourse between XXXXXXX 22nd- XXXXXXX 25th. Is it right time to plan for baby. Because last month only we have stoped consuming the Duphaston tablet. Any side effect will occur if she got pregnant. Please refer the medical history for more details. Please clarify
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Safe in pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Duphaston is the progesterone hormonal preparation.
Progesterone makes the uterine environment more favorable for pregnancy. It can also be used for irregular periods, however usually it is used in pregnancy for preterm labor, twins and to prevent threatened abortion.
It is completely safe in pregnancy.
So, there is absolutely nothing to worry.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 11 minutes later
Doctor please suggest us right times for intercourse to have a girl baby.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
no medically approved timings

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
There is no medically approved timings for intercourse for conceiving child of a particular gender.
You should have intercourse in fertile period to increase the chances of conception.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana