Is pre-exposure vaccination required in children instead of having a dog at house?
yes you need to vaccinate
Thanks for writing to us.
It is of utmost importance that you vaccinate your kids even if they have not been bitten.
Having a dog at house requires pre exposure vaccination with two shots atleast.
If there is any scratch or lick on mucous membrane like lips then five dose schedule is recommended.
Vaccinate soon and stay safe
Wishing your family good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dog bite vaccine schedule
- Pre-exposure rabies vaccine
- Is mmr vaccine required
- Arv vaccine to pregnant dog
- Flu vaccine after exposure
- Effects of dog bite in children without vaccinations
- Anti pneumonia vaccine for dogs
- Does a dog scratch require anti rabies vaccination
- Jamaica vaccination requirements babies
- Any vaccination required for dog nail scratch