Is post pregnancy belt useful for regaining the shape of the belly?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
hi doc
i had a c sec delivery on 4th nov 2017.can i use post pregnancy belt now to get my belly shape? is it useful?
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not useful

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Post Caesarean or post pregnancy belt is given to support the abdomen and the stitches, so that the pain is less and healing is proper.
It do not helps in getting back the belly shape, rather it decreases the tone of the abdominal muscles leading to flabby belly, when used for a long time.
It is better to do mild exercises and walking to reduce the weight and get back in shape.
You can start these 3 months after the Caesarean section.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist