Is portable ekg safe for 15 years old?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Question: Why would a 15 year old need a portable ekg?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 24 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
welcome to healthcare magic!
A 15yrs old or anyone who the clinician thinks has got an intermittent arrhythmias would need the mobile EKG which is called Holter Monitoring.
I hope that answers your query.
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 minutes later
heart attack or angian?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 9 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
In 15yrs old person heart attack or angina are very negligible in probability and can be picked up on ECG anytime, do not need Holter.
Arrhythmias are the problems of the way your heart beats/makes pulse.
Normally it is 60-100 beets/minute. In arrhythmias the beats may be shallow, fast or irregular with other variations as well.
Wish you a great health!
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 minutes later
Whjat would cause it?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi
welcome back.
These problems are mostly idiotic means cause mostly remains unknown.
Some patients have them secondary to viral infections of hear, dyselectrolytemia and myopathies as well.
You should get the child evaluated by a cardiologist.
I hope that answers your query.
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
How long would heart beat erratic?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
The arrhythmias can be self limited or may continue to recur, basically it depends on the cause of arrhythmia, if it can be corrected then arrhythmia would also get solved.
Wish you a great health!