• question-icon

Is platelet count of 125 a cause for concern?

Posted on Wed, 5 Aug 2015 in General Health
Question: What does a low platelet count (125) indicate? Also: Blood Glucose 111, Creatinine 1.11, EGFR 51, IF 59, and Chloride 96?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please, upload the entire report.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Platelets are blood clotting cells. A low number means they are either produce in small quantities or destroyed quickly. Some conditions for this could be kidney disease. Your EGFR of 51 is not stellar and am wondering if you are being evaluated for a possible kidney disease. However, I will suggest that you provide the results sheet for me to interpret fully and in relation to other laboratory findings. I need to put together more than just these numbers that you have reported. I need to see the red blood cells, hemoglobin, white blood cells, etc.

Blood sugar of 111 is above normal but not high enough for the diagnosis of diabetes. You need to start eating healthy, doing at least 150mins of exercise weekly and making sure your weight is in the normal range.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

Let me hear from you and will provide more details.

Dr. Ivo Ditah