Is persistent pain in the legs indicative of a pinched nerve?
In October of 2001 I started having constant leg pain. 24/7. It’s my entire leg from upper thigh down to feet. Feels like it’s deep down all the way to the bone. The pain is always in my legs, but also can be widespread throughout my body quite often.
I have trouble standing for periods longer than 7-10 minutes without needing to sit due to pain.
If I over exert myself I need recovery time usually the next day. Knowing this I still try to exercise just not daily. I am going to hurt regardless so might as well, right?? Or maybe not???
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2002 and Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy around 2003 or 2004.
The more time that passes the more I’m questioning the Neuropathy diagnosis. I’ve had 3 nerve conduction studies. 1 came back as PN, next one said not PN and 3rd one was inconclusive if I remember correctly (many years and many different tests ago).
And now with the positive HLA test I wonder if there’s another answer.
I have an appointment with a rheumatologist in April 2018.
Do you have any thoughts?
Oh, I’ve had lower back problems for the last 2 years. Regular chiropractic visits haven’t taken care of it. Had an MRI (lower back) last week-just waiting for results
Your symptoms are more likely due to a pinched nerve in the lower back.
I agree with you that your symptoms are not related to peripheral neuropathy.
They are more likely due to a pinched nerve in the lower back. MRI of spine (already done) would help confirm the diagnosis.
HLA B27-related ankylosing spondylitis is known to cause severe back pain, however, it does not cause pain radiating from thigh to the leg.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy