Is periods a confirmation that one is not pregnant?

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Mon, 5 Mar 2018 in General Health
Question: If someone has sex October 7th took the morning after pill October 9 35ish hours later got my period October 21 through the 26th took 3 home pregnancy test Nov 3 and it came out negative , would it be reliable by then ? Can I me sure Im not pregnant ? I’m experiencing a lot of discharge after my period from the pill concerned ??
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are not pregnant.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read it carefully and understand your concern.

From what you are describing, you can be pretty sure that you are not pregnant. The pill and the fact that you had your period, makes it less possible for you to be pregnant.
The pregnancy tests are quite reliable too and you have made them at the time that would surely give a result if you were pregnant.

The discharge is normal after the period. If it continues, if it is with colour and with smell then consider doing some tests to rule out possible sexually transmitted infections.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Kind regards,
Dr Papaqako.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Klarida Papaqako 4 hours later
So the home pregnancy test would be accurate by now? I got my period a few days early with the pill would it still be considered my period ?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems like you have had your period.

Detailed Answer:

It is considered the period if it was like the period. It may come early because of the hormonal changes due to the pill.

The pregnancy test is accurate because it is been taken more then 1 week after the expected period.

Dr. Papaqako