• question-icon

    Is penis enlargement surgery advisable?

Posted on Sat, 8 Jul 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Very personal question: i have a erect dick size of 11.6 cm and i feel its very small and my girlfriend also left me due to that. Is their any penis enlargement surgery?as i am very sad about this.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Penile size does not affect sexual satisfaction.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that penile size is actually a myth. The erogenous spot of female genital tract is close to the opening and therefore a long penis is not a requisite for sexual satisfaction. In fact, the inner part of the vagina is not sensitive and so a long penis will hardly make a difference in the sensation. Rather a prolonged sensuous foreplay improves the sexual satisfaction and arousal by leaps and bounds. I would not insist you to seek any sort of surgery. Please do not fall for the huge array of penile enlargement bluffs that are all around. The size of penis is like the height of an individual - it is genetically determined and cannot be altered.

Please do not feel sad about the size of your penis. It is just a matter of perception and has no actual implication. If you can feel confident and improve the quality of involvement that will improve the quality of your sexual life much more than you can imagine.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1954

Answered : 4439 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

139 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe loose motion

  • Q - Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain

  • Q - Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?

  • Q - What causes unusual sweating?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS

  • Q - What are the side effects of Superglue injection?

  • Q - Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth

  • Q - Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe constipation