Is paranoia curable?

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Question: Is paranoia curable? I still have the same paranoid thoughts as I did growing up but they don't hurt anymore.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 27 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the question.
It is curable and many people have been cured. However, in about 40% of cases, there is risk of recurrence. There is thus abject importance of continuous followup by a psychiatrist or trusted physician. Routine psychological counseling also works so well. Good family support, exercise, walking, friendship networks and a positive sense of thinking are very vital.
i suggest to stick to a psychiatrist and seek regular psychological; advice from a psychologist. They might and are be of utmost importance,a nd shall really help prevent recurrence and severity.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD. Do not hesitate asking further question if you deem necessary. I shall be able making my own part of the contribution to better your health condition. Thanks