question-icon

Is pain on the lower back side indicative of a pulled muscle?

Posted on Thu, 4 Jun 2020
Question: I am having pain on right side lower back and it hurts all the way through to abdomen right side. I went by doctor's office and left urine sample but it is not bladder infection. They suggested I see my primary care Dr but they are short staffed and I have to take a friend this afternoon for a cat scan. Coukd this be anything srious or is it maybe a pulled muscle?
e-mail is YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Most probably nerve and/or muscle related

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
As per the description you have provided, this looks to be related to nerve compression or muscle spasm or so.
May not be a serious matter as there are no other symptoms that you have mentioned, say related to lower limb pain or so; urinary or bowel related symptoms.
Since you have most comfortable position in recliner, this is most probably related to muscle.

Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Since when is the pain present?
Any other symptoms?
Please post CAT scan report.
Does the pressure on the affected part increase the pain or actually reduces it?

Awaiting for your feedback.

With Regards.
Dr T Chandrakant.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon