Is pain in vaginal area normal during menopause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
i am begining of menopause. I was sitting at my desk and for no apparent reason I began to feel pain in my vaginal area (internally).....I have had pap smears and normal women wellness and they have all been good checks.... Menopause causing those pains in my vagina area
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ho and welcome to hcm

Detailed Answer:
Such symptoms are one of signs which are caused by decrease of estrogen hormones is menopause. It causes dry and more sensitive vagina especially after intercourses. so This usually isnt sign of infection or abnormal cells. There are local creams which helps and also hormonal replacement therapy should be considered if symptoms persist. Wish you good health