Is pain in upper back a symptom of pulmonary embolism?

Question
I am a 22 year old female who recently quit smoking and I am also on a combination pill low dose birth control. For about three weeks I have had a sharp pain in my upper back seemingly behind my shoulder blade. The pain is sometimes unbearable but i have been to both a chiropractor and a masseuse with no relief/no cause. I figured it was how I slept. Today I had some sharp chest pains while stressed that went away. Now my left arm feels tingly almost numb. I have read about Pulmonary Embolism due to smoking and birth control and wonder if this is urgent or it can wait until I can see my GP tomorrow.
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This doesn't seem like pulmonary embolism.

Detailed Answer:

This doesn't seem like pulmonary embolism.Embolism would have presented with more severe symptoms like breathlessness, dizziness or early tiredness etc.

You can surely wait till tomorrow to see your GP.Meanwhile take rest and have someone to look over you till you see your doctor.

Hope this helps.Regards.