Is pain in the left shoulder an indication of heart problem?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
Pain in the left shoulder could be a possible cardiac ischemia issue. But, ther could be also several other alternative explanations (a musculoskeletal disorder, pleural (outer lining of the lings) inflammation, a degenerative backbone disorder, etc.)
So, it is necessary to fully characterize your pain (its nature, exact location, triggering factors, possible irradiation, relation with physical exertion and body posture, etc,)
A careful physical exam by your doctor is the first step to be followed.
Also, some additional tests should be done t oproperly differentiate the responsible cause of your pain:
- resting ECG,
- cardiac enzymes (CK-MB, Troponin I)'
- chest X ray study,
- complete blood count,
- AST & ALT
You need to discuss with your attending physician on the above mentioned issues.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left shoulder pain related to heart
- What type of chest pain indicates heart problems
- Left testicle pain and heart problems
- Left thigh pain and heart problems
- Pain left collar bone indication heart
- Do chest pains always indicate heart problems
- Does pain in shoulder and arm indicate heart problems
- Could left shoulder pain indicate a heart problem
- Heart palpitations and pain in left shoulder
- Left shoulder pain heart attack