Is pain in testicle and groin a cause for concern?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
Pain left testicle, lower side and groin. Should I go to urgent care or my urologist?

Do you need to know all medications? Just started iron for anemia recently diagnosed. All other meds longterm use.
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please go to Urgent Care.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Pain in testicle and groin with the past history of urological problems as you have mentioned needs to be examined and investigated asap hence I would advise to go to Urgent Care. Pain has began yesterday.

Till then give scrotal support.
Take plenty of fluids.
You may please take an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen if it suits you and is not contraindicated.

Please give details of the previous problems and medications too.