Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

161 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is pain in testicle and groin a cause for concern?

Answered by
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 16504 Questions

Posted on Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Testicle Problems
Question: Pain left testicle, lower side and groin. Should I go to urgent care or my urologist?

Do you need to know all medications? Just started iron for anemia recently diagnosed. All other meds longterm use.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please go to Urgent Care.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Pain in testicle and groin with the past history of urological problems as you have mentioned needs to be examined and investigated asap hence I would advise to go to Urgent Care. Pain has began yesterday.

Till then give scrotal support.
Take plenty of fluids.
You may please take an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen if it suits you and is not contraindicated.

Please give details of the previous problems and medications too.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on