question-icon

Is pain extending from the left abdominal area to the groin muscles along with tingling sensation need medical attention?

Posted on Fri, 27 Jul 2018
Question: I have pain/spasms in my left abdomen area to my groin mucsle, inner left thigh, up to my hip. I have tingling, but no swelling or bruising.

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Can be muscular but uretericl colic may also present like this

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be musculoskeletal in origin and deep medial compartment musles or internal rotator of hip joint if having spasms may present like this however it is also a usual site for refered pain of ureteric colic too so a baseline X-ray KUB and ultrasound KUB should also be done to rule out any signs of hydronephroureter.

In absence of fever, bruising or swelling underlying subcutaneous inflammation or Infection like in psoas abcess is less likely which can also impart pain in the same areas. Nerve entrapment is also less likely in this area and is more common in posterior Leg muscle groups.

Meanwhile OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can be continued alongwith anti spasmodic drugs like drotavarine and muscle relaxants like orphenidine or tizindine.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin