Is packaged milk advisable for a 9 month old child?

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi Doctor..How are you doing?
Our boy XXXXXXX completes 9 months by 26th this month. We are including heritage toned millk to mix his idli(about 4-5 teaspoons). When can we start feeding him packet milk? please advice. Also wanted to know if we can give any other brand's ipv as the first dosage we gave was Imovac which is not available in the market as of now.

Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggestion on milk feeds and IPV

Detailed Answer:
HI....Thank you for the trust in me and getting back to me directly. I understand your concern. Coming to your queries directly.

1. As you are giving Heritage toned milk - it is similar to packet milk. As the kid is tolerating this - you can give it even now. But usually you can change the milk after 12 months of age.

2. Any brand of IPV is good. Nothing to worry about it. More important is giving it when it is available. Please give the available brand and complete the schedule.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana