Is normal vaginal delivery possible in women who is handicapped?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: my sister is pregnant. she has completed her 9 months. she is handicapped with both legs. doctor is saying it will not be a normal delivery.scissoring will be done for delivery. what should we do?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Caesarean section is must

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.

One who is handicapped with legs, have any orthopaedic problem in legs or neurological weakness in legs, then in these cases, normal delivery is not possible as proper positioning of legs is must for normal delivery.

In such cases, caesarean section has to be done for the delivery of the baby.
Your doctor's advice should be followed.

Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee