Is normal delivery possible for a patient with gestational diabetes?
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I would be happy to assist you with your concern, and thank you for reaching out.
With gestational diabetes, the chances of having a baby which is larger than normal is more, hence chances of normal vaginal delivery are decreased.
So if you wish to have a greater chance of a normal delivery, it is best not to wait until 40 weeks when baby size will be more.
Generally gestational diabetic patients are induced at 38 weeks, and then there is a fairly good chance of vaginal birth, if you have a patient skilled doctor.
It is best to have pains induced artificially at 38 weeks of pregnancy.
When was your last ultrasound scan, can you upload that ?
Are your blood sugars controlled ?
Is this your first pregnancy ?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
7 point profile
[ ] Before dinner- 81
[ ] 1 hr after dinner- 124
[ ] 2:45 am- 83
[ ] Before brkfst- 80
[ ] 1 hr after brkfst- 107
[ ] Before lunch- 88
[ ] 1 hr after lunch- 124
Your blood sugar levels are well within range.
Also the ultrasound scan and Doppler are normal.
I think you have very good chances of having a vaginal delivery, but yes, labour pains should be induced at 38 weeks to avoid unnecessary complications.
What is your weight ?
Is your blood pressure, hemoglobin etc normal ?
All parameters are normal, and I do not see any complications for your vaginal delivery.
I think you have very good chance of vaginal birth, provided you find the correct doctor to help you with it.
Keep me posted in case of any queries.
Thanks for consulting me
Thank you for the feedback.
My best wishes for you.
Whenever you have a doubt, you can just click on this link, and ask me what you want -
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gestational diabetes normal range 137
- Can gestational diabetes patient eat dates
- Delivery at 31 weeks gestational diabetes
- Cashew nuts for gestational diabetes patient
- Gestational diabetes gtc blood sugar normal levels
- Normal blood sugar for gestational diabetes
- Will the signs of gestational diabetes reappear post delivery
- Gestational diabetes sugar levels normal levels
- Pregnant feeling dizzy is this normal with gestational diabetes
- Betnosol injection for gestation diabetics patient