Is normal delivery possible as per the ultrasound report?
Thanks for posting your query.
The position of the placenta at this stage of the pregnancy is not of much significance though posterior positions can influence fetal positions and presentations later in pregnancy. As the uterus enlarges andthe lower uterine segment is demarcated later in the pregnancy, the placenta almost always migrates upward into the upper uterine segment.
A repeat sonogram at 30-32 weeks is done and if a low-lying placenta is seen at this stage, further management is indicated.
As per the precautions that need to be taken at this stage, it would be better if you can avoid intercourse until it is proved that that placenta has migrated upward and also avoid rough travel.
If the placenta moves upward, there is no need to worry about the possibility of the prospect of a normal delivery.
Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ultrasound of kidney done is the report normal
- Are my ultrasound reports normal
- Pregnant bpd anterior placenta no abruption ultrasound report normal delivery
- Abdominal ultrasound done are the reports normal
- Is this ultrasound report of mine normal
- Ultrasound report clue of gender
- Pregnant ultrasound done is the report normal
- Frequent urination ultrasound report normal advice
- Is the ultrasound report that i mentioned seemed normal
- Ultrasound done during pregnancy is the report normal
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?