Is negative HIV test result after 6 months of exposure conclusive?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I woke up with this red rash this morning. it's only on this section of my chest. Should I be alarmed? I had unprotected sex early february, before the 8th of February and was tested August 27th for hiv. it was negative. could the test have been wrong and this be an hiv rash?
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This rash is not due to HIV so don't worry.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Welcome to HCM.

You had unprotected sex in February and the test result for HIV was negative in August than you need not to worry at all as you are free from HIV.

As far as red rash on the chest is concerned it is mostly due to some allergy or other infection but not related to HIV. For this you can take tab Avil and consult your local physician for further management.Be relaxed and move ahead in life.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 1 hour later
is this anything to worry about? came up overnight. I have severe illness anxiety. is it oral hairy leukoplakia or nothing to worry about?
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to worry about.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

There is nothing to worry about and it is not looking to be leukoplakia from your history. For further clarification you can consult your local physician and go for some investigations to isolate the cause. Be relaxed and move ahead.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina