Is negative HIV test after 77 days of possible exposure conclusive?
Yes testing advised.
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.
As I understood is that your 3 months were not completed when you took the HIV test. As per international guidelines you must get tested after 3 months to have a conclusive evidence. Yes in some cases in which patients is immunocompromized it may take a longer duration for seroconversion up to 6 months. Ninety-seven percent of people will develop antibodies in the first 3 months after they are infected. In very rare cases, it can take up to 6 months to develop antibodies to HIV.Therefore I suggest you to get tested once again after 3 months completion.
You can take a follow-up query.
If no clarifications then you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Dr. Sheetal Verma
6 months post exposure.
Well I believe that you are not immunocompromized but to be on safer side I suggest you to get tested at 6 months for conclusive evidence. Skip the test after a week. If we consider your prior tests it is 99.99% chances to be negative. But confirmation needed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hiv test negative aftter 55 days of exposure
- Accuracy of hiv test 45days after exposure
- Hiv test after 77 days is 100 correct
- Is hiv test reliable after 80 days of exposure
- Hiv test 82 days after exposure doctor
- Negative hiv test after 3 months is it conclusive
- 77 days okay for hiv test
- Is a negative hiv test conclusive
- Hiv test after 45 days of exposure
- Hiv test at 77 days
- What causes burning micturition post protected intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for parasitic infection in stomach
- What does the widal test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for Entamoeba histolytica infection
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder and panic attacks
- Suggest treatment for flu with diarrhea and tiredness
- Does the use of condoms cause warts on penis tip?
- Suggest treatment for painful reddish rashes on buttocks and thighs
- What causes low body temperature along with pain in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for recurring fever, chills and dizziness