Is negative HIV DUO test after 36 days of possible exposure conclusive?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi, Sir Dr XXXXXXX Recently I indulged in sex with a unknown girl, few days later, I got intense itch,later it was subsided, but I now again it is itching and burning,i took hiv duo on 36 th day, it is negative,please suggest any relief
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible FUNGAL uti

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concern.

Negative DUO will help to rule you out of HIV considerably.

As per your symptoms, you possible seem to have fungal urinary tract infection.

In addition to HIV DUO, I advise you to get a complete 10-panel STD screen.

Meanwhile, I would like to recommend a short course of antifungal therapy. I generally prescribe oral tablets of Flucan 200 mg once a day for 3 days. Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe the same to you.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 10 hours later
Sir where can get 10 panel test?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Provide your address

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir

I can understand your understand.

Please let me know your location, I will give you the corresponding address of the lab services.

Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 9 minutes later
I reside in XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Relevant web address list provided

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I am here providing you the list of SRL diagnostics in XXXXXXX .

You can pick up your choices of centers.

http://www.srlworld.com/content/65/find-a-lab.html

Al together you have a list of 23 centers where this test is performed.

Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 4 minutes later
Thank you doctor.

how long will it take for test results to come.Actually I am on a business trip,I need enough time to check with my personal doctor?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
24-48hrs

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

It may take 24 hours in few lab.

But it make take 24-28 hours.

Hence you can schedule accordingly.

Thank you.
Thank you doctor, I last query, is it really necessary to wash my pennis after sex, i feel dysphoric when i wash my peennis
Brief Answer:
It is good to maintain genital hygiene

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concern.

It is very important that you wash your genitals frequently-during bath and post sex.

This will really help to clean up the debris and infection if any.

Make you mind positively and tune up to this habit.

Cultivate safe sex practices.

Thank you.