Is neck pain and headaches common post recovery from epstein barr virus?

Question
I have been diagnosed with Epstein Barr virus 2 weeks ago. I still have neck pain with swollen glands and bad headaches. Is this common?
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.
You are already diagnosed with Epstein Barr virus by your treating doctor. The main disease caused by this is Infectious mononucleosis (IM).

Fever, sore throat, swollen glands and headache are the common symptoms of this. These usually disappear completely in one to two months of time. There is no specific treatment to infection.

If you have severe headache then NSAID like ibuprofen can be taken. Rest and fluids are already advised by your treating doctor.

Hope i have answered you. If you have any other query then i will be happy to answer.

Dr. G. Katiyar