Is multivitamin supplements safe to take on daily basis?

Excellent

Question
Hi, I'm thinking of taking a vitamin supplement from Innateskin. Here is the website about the vitamins :http://www.innateskin.com/clearskinvitaminpack/ . Can you tell me if this is a safe combination of vitamins to take long term maybe more than 3 years on a daily basis. Also, there is 10,000IU of vitamin A, 1000IU of vitamin D, and 40mg of zinc in their vitamin pack. Is this a safe dose to take on a daily basis without the risk of toxicity/overdose?
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
safe but.........

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
If you plan or intend to take multivitamin supplements I recommend to take some from recommended brands like Pfizer and XXXXXXX or any good vitamin supplements like centrum purely designed at 8 different compositions for different age groups like centrum ultra for women centrum silver for old people etc. that are according to RDA guidelines by FDA. These ones have different values than RDA and might lead to toxicity specially when you plan to take them for long.
For example vitamin A in it is 10,000 IU and RDA for it is just 700 ug ( 2330 u/ day) almost four times the RDA for vitamin A. Also vitamin D has 600 IU RDA and it had 1000. No doubt there are losses from GI tract and they may justify this excess but always going for a brand reliable and recommended by doctors is advised.
In nut shell forget the cheap publicity stunts and go for quality and recommended brands.i recommend centrum.you get a second opinion and see what comes up.
Rest assured taking them won't harm as well and are XXXXXXX to use. Your choice
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Is multivitamin supplements safe to take on daily basis? 20 minutes later
Okay, the reason why I chose Innateskin was because I'm trying to clear up my acne problem and their product contains acne-fighting properties. Is it still safe to take Innateskin? I"m planning to take it daily for 3 months and in the fourth month onwards I take it 3 times a week. Would that be a better plan?

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are good to go

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back to me
As I said it is safe and can be taken.but you should know that it would take more than just a multivitamin for management of that. Discuss all the possibilities in that regard with your dermatologist for better outcomes. As far as 5 his vitamin supplements is concerned.your are good to go.
Take care. XXXXXXX
Don't forget to close the discussion please.