Is mild fibrocystic disease dangerous to health?

Dr. Surendiran Gaj

Geriatrics Specialist

Posted on Fri, 25 Apr 2014 in General Health
Question: Is mild fibrocystic disease dangerous to health? The cyst in the breast is increasing day to day. What can I do now?
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows Detailed Answer: hello there, Welcome to Healthcare magic, Nice to meet you here, Have seen the report, its normal since no space occupying lesion and calcifications noted. Fibrocystic disease are benign and very common [non cancerous accumulation of fibrous tissue resulting in lumps], not at all dangerous Usually it reduce spontaneous after menopause, so no intervention is needed. It usually pains during menstruation due to varying estrogen level, and wanes of after menstruation. If you have constant pain, discomfort, prolonged increase in size ,and looking for cosmetic purpose, you can go for simple excision, otherwise no intervention is needed. If it keeps on increasing in size,kindly consult with the treating surgeon and have his opinion. Hope helped you, Take care. Dr.surendiran.g
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D