Is mifepristone advisable after taking Ginecoside?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: Can one take mifepristone after taken gynecoside
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes proided you do not have contraindications for Mifepristone use

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
It is not clear from your question what is your concern.
Gynecoside is a tablet used to bring about bleeding when periods are delayed.
Mifepristone is a tablet used to bring about abortion in cases of early pregnancy. Mifepristone should not be used as self medication. It should be used after consulting doctor. Mifepristone can be used after taking Gynecoside provided you do not have contraindications for its use.
I hope this helps. If you have further queries, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 4 hours later
I am pregnant all ready but i have taken gyneoside but no reaction yet so am asking that if i take mifepristone or misoprostol is it bad for my health

And again have never taken the Moorpark before and is not a doctor that prescribe it for me i just check it up on line and i saw it.
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult your doctor before taking Mifepristone.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
As I already wrote earlier Gynecoside does not help in abortion.
You can take Mifepristone after taking Gynecoside.
But It is important that you consult doctor before you take Mifepristone. It is important that you make sure pregnancy is inside the uterus before you take this medicine. If Mifepristone is taken in the presence of pregnancy outside the uterus( ectopic pregnancy) it can cause life threatening bleeding.
Mifepristone should not be used in the presence certain medical conditions like Addison's disease etc.
So please consult your doctor before taking Mifepristone.
I hope this helps. If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 3 hours later
After taking mifepriston how long dose it take before it react on some one, is mifepriston and misoprostol do the same work? Thank you.

And please how is it taken, i don't want to ask to ask my doctor because if i do he will say i should go for D&C which i don't want to. Please help is the pregnancy is two weeks and four days now.
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
mechanism of action is different for the two

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Mifepristone causes separation of pregnancy sac from the lining of uterus and uterine contractions. Misoprostol causes uterine contractions. Most of them abort within 24 hours of taking Misoprostol. Some of them take longer. These medications are 95% effective. After aborting the pregnancy you may have light bleeding for two weeks. Get an ultrasound done after two weeks to make sure that the abortion process is complete.

If you have heavy bleeding (soak 2 pads/hour for more than two hours) or if the bleeding persists even after 2 weeks you must see the doctor.

I repeat again that self medication of these tablets is not safe. I have already written to you the dangers of this.
This is a prescription medicine. So you have to go to doctor. You can always tell him that you wish have medical abortion. He will evaluate to see if medical abortion is suitable for you and then prescribe it for you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 8 hours later
How do one take the drugs, is it the 4 tables at once or i will be taking it within some hours. Because i didn't take it once
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
use this medicine under doctor's guidance.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
It appears that you already have medicines with you. Since you have it with you I am writing how it should be used.
4 tablets of misoprostol (800micrograms) should be used as single dose vaginally after 48 hours of taking Mifepristone.
I hope this helps. I again stress that it should be taken under doctor’s guidance.

Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 3 days later
Hello doctor, am back, have taken the drugs as am supposed to but up till now have not seen anything i did test the pregnancy is still there what do i do please. Am thinking of going for D and C. Will it be okay or i should wait a little again. Thanks.
Brief Answer:
Wait up to 5 days after taking Misoprostol.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

When did you take Misoprostol. Wait up to 5 days after taking Misoprostol. If you don't abort by then you may repeat the dose of Misoprostol or have a D and C.

Don't do pregnancy test now. Pregnancy test remains positive for 2-3 weeks even after abortion as the pregnancy hormone takes time to be washed off from the body.
I hope this helps. I will be happy to answer any further concerns.
With best wishes,
Dr Rama
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 53 minutes later
Okay doctor, but one more thing, anytime i take the drug i always have stomach upset and i will be having running stomach is it okay like that.
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These are known side effects of Misoprostol.

Detailed Answer:

Stomach cramps and diarrhea are known side effects of Misoprostol. These side effects are transient. Don't worry.
If diarrhea is severe, drink lime juice with little salt to keep yourself hydrated.

If you have further queries do write to me.
One more thing, if you don't abort within 5 days please get an ultrasound done to confirm that pregnancy is inside the uterus.
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 51 minutes later
And i also have lower abdominal pain as if my period want to come what dose that mine?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably the abortion process will start shortly.

Detailed Answer:
It suggests that probably the abortion process will start shortly
I hope this helps.
Do contact me if you have further concerns.
Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN