Is medical attention required for a toddler after a fall despite no injury?

Question
Hello Doctor,

My baby is one year old. Last night he fell down from the bed, unfortunately we did not see exactly whether fallen down from the bed or tried to get down from the bed. We have seen him sat on floor and continuously crying for sometime. After sometime he slept off. His activity is normal and I don't see any injury on his body and head. Do you think everything is quite normal.
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since the child's activity is normal, we can assume that any deep injury to brain didn't happen. No further examination or test needed.

You can watch out for following symptoms that will require visit to doctor:
- Unconsciousness or dizzyness
- headache or earache
- decline in alertness
- seizures
- watery or bloody discharge from nose or ears
- both eye pupils are unequal in size

Take precautions in future to avoid fall because in XXXXXXX the flooring is cemented and it can seriously hurt. Put bed rails on his bed.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee