Is medical abortion possible during 3rd month of pregnancy?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: My wife already pregnant before 3mont and now she dont want child know.which is the best tablet to prevent pregnancy pls give me answer
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
medical abortion can be not possible.

Detailed Answer:
Unfortunately it is too late for any medical abortion and also for a surgical abortion. Abortion at 12 weeks or more is only allowed in case there is any congenital anomaly in the baby or it is causing a grave effect on the mental status of the mother. This has to be undertaken in the hospital either through a method of induction of labour or ultrasound guided dilatation and curettage which can be dangerous as well in terms of uterine rupture.
Please is it your gynaecologist for a evaluation and further advise.
regards