• question-icon

Is masturbation on a daily basis harmful?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Daily sperm release is good for health or not
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No direct health effects.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that masturbation (as a form of release of semen) is neither harmful nor beneficial for health. It is physiological to release the collected stores of semen from time to time since the production goes on continuously. However, let me remark that too much of nothing is good and too much would count as addiction.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Masterbation is shown effecting on sleep and memory

Sir,I effected with sleep disorder
Now I want to stop masterbation or not
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pathophysiology explained.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. You need to understand the rationale. Masturbation itself does not affect sleep or memory. Masturbation or sexual activity resemble fight, flight, fright situation. Imagine that you are being chased by a predator. Would you like to sleep during such a situation? Surely not. Your body would be in a wide awake condition in order to deal with the stress. Needless to say that you would not be able to sleep. But as I mentioned, too much of anything cannot be good. Same about masturbation. Needless to say that it is affecting your sleep.

Regarding your memory, would you like to remember all sorts of things while you are being chased by a predator? Surely not. Your only focus is on saving yourself. So, memory is not a priority during such an activity. Imagine remembering all sorts of stuff like who owes how much to you, how much petrol costs, who was the prime minister after whom, which year x happened - when you are having sex. If not, you have to forget everything and enjoy sex.

Needless to say, you have to go to one end of the spectrum. You can choose to relax or you can choose to be aroused. So, if you want to enjoy your arousal (masturbation) you have to forget everything else and let go of your sleep. Its your call.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha