Is masturbation advisable post retinal detachment surgery?

Question
I had a detached retina surgery 2 weeks ago. On the 10th day the surgeon said that the surgery was successfully done. But I forgot to ask if it is safe to masturbate. So I'm asking when it will be safe to masturbate.
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Caution required

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Sexual activity of any kind alters the blood pressure, which would be dangerous in the case of post retina detachment surgery, so it is best to be cautious. Although it has been two weeks, I advise you to first talk to your doctor first, to get the ok from them. Usually after such surgery, it is best to be cautious for several weeks after, but this depends on other health factors and medical history, which only your doctor knows best.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.
Wishing you good health and all the best.

Follow-up: Is masturbation advisable post retinal detachment surgery? 31 minutes later
The doctor told me to avoid any physical activities for 3 to 4 weeks. Is that the period in which I should avoid sexual activities?

Brief Answer:
3 to 4 weeks is good enough

Detailed Answer:

Then you should refrain from sexual activity for up to 4 weeks, too. Afterwards, it is safe to resume physical and sexual activity.