Is masturbation a normal sexual act?

Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY

Sexologist

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Sexual Problems
Question: Hello Doctor, I am 29 yrs old, I have some general query. Most likely I would be getting married within next two months. I honestly want to tell that I have not had any past relation (Physical) with any girl. But I have desires and feelings from the age of 16 and before which I can observe. I satisfy my self with Masturbation (Avg frequency once in week, which was twice a week before), this I reduced so that it may not affect my future life. Please suggest for this also whether I am wrong or right? About me and my nature: I am sensitive to small things and take things seriously very often. I have also faced sorrows many times in my life. For example an year back my Mother got detected as a patient of cancer, but she is in remission currently and under monitoring by an oncologist. But, that made me very depressive. Most importantly I would like to ask that what exactly I may do to make my sex life extreamly satisfactory for me and my partner and give me advice and tips that will help me to completely keep tention and stress of life aside when I'll get invlove in love making moments with my partner. Thanks & Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 1 hour later
Hi there,

Thanks for the query in HealthCareMagic

Your query is regarding masturbation whether it is normal or not.
Let me explain you that masturbation is a normal sexual act done by both genders for gratifying sexual needs. It shall NOT cause any health problems or any future infertility / impotence. It is considered excess frequency when it affects the day to day activities.

It is normal to have depressive mood when your mother is having health problems. Be practical and act accordingly to support her.

Sexual act should not be considered mechanical act. It should be the continuation of romantic session. You should involve in sexual act without any stress or tension.
Do not be so anxious about the sexual act. It is better to focus more on the foreplay and afterplay.

If you have more queries, I am here to help you

regards
Dr A XXXXXXX
Consultant In Reproductive & Sexual Medicine
Follow up: Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 5 days later
Thanks for your advice doctor.

I would further like to ask that starting now if some activity I can include in my daily routine to increase my efficiency mentally and physically during sexual act after marriage.

Please suggest with some tips.
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 13 hours later
Hi

Routine practice of kegel exercise as well as yoga can improve the sexual health.

regards

Dr A XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 4 hours later
Thanks again doctor,

I'll include these activities (yoga and kegel exercise) in my daily routine.

But, doctor I am also going to gym where I do some of body building exercises along with running on trademill.

Please tell me if Gym exercises reduces sex power or it is good to follow them along?

Thank You
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 28 hours later
Hi there,

Healthy body is essential for healthy sexual life.

Adequate exercise is good for health.

Hence work out at Gym is good for health

Wish You A Good Sexual Health

regards

Dr A XXXXXXX