Is mastrubation safe after polyp removal?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 7 Apr 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I had a d&c and they used a camera as well they found and removed a polyp i was wondering if i can masterbait as long as i dont put anything inside me.... Also how long should i wait to have intercorse . Can a polyp prevent pregnancy if its not blocking your tube?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can masturbate after a week. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. After a D&C and removal of polyp you can masturbate and have a protected sex one week after the procedure. A polyp is not likely to affect the conception or pregnancy if it is not blocking the tubes. It can affect implantation if the polyp is inside the endometrial cavity. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal