Is marijuana safe to smoke while treating a throat infection?
a few thoughts.
Asthma steroid inhalers, diabetes, HIV, other immune problems, chemotherapy lower the ability to fight infection and lead to yeast infections and fungal infections. The immune problem does not have to be very bad for this to occur. Diabetics or people taking any steroids have this and not many other infections. The yeast infections might be irritating but the immune system works well enough that it isn't going to go into the person; just on the throat.
Marijuana doesn't do even that much to the immune system and so it shouldn't lead to a yeast infection nor make an infection worse
BUT, smoking of ANYTHING scrapes the area and makes it more irritated.
The ulcer or other breaks in the skin or lining of the throat WILL allow germs to get in and is a set up for infection including yeast.
So, smoking may mechanically irritate the area. Edibles and tea are just not an issue.
You're very welcome
and we are required to post to every follow up, even if it is thank you. AND it's a good question and frankly the thank you brings up a lot:
1) diabetes relates badly to alcohol use. Alcohol breaks down to stuff that leads to type II diabetes (calories and no vitamins nor fiber, but it specfically goes to fat and is a bit more of a stress for the same amount of calories than say, oatmeal). AND, it damages the liver and pancreas. Severe enough damage to either would put you in the hospital, so, if you don't know you've had pancreatitis, it cannot be enough to have made you a type I diabetic.
2) If you aren't dying you aren't in the last stage of alcoholic cirrhosis. If you haven't been hospitalized, you probably are not in the next worst category. But this doesn't mean you haven't lost most of your liver...just that liver damage is silent until it is quite bad.
3) nine days without ANY alcohol would mean you are almost certainly outside the time frame in which alcohol withdrawal will cause seizures and outside of the time period where someone needs inpatient monitoring to come off of alcohol
Cannabis only relates to this indirectly due to the mechanical damage of the smoking and it doesn't do much to liver, pancreas, metabolism (increased appetite) or lung or immunity except for the smoke.
Thank you for a great question!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Smoking cigs throat infection
- Frequent throat infection and fever
- Flucloxacillin to treat throat infection
- Effects of smoking weed with throat infection
- Is clavam with abphylline safe for throat infection treatment
- How to treat shih tzu throat infection
- Throat infection from smoking crack
- Suffering from throat infection how to treat this
- Smoking weed with a viral throat infection
- How to treat throat infection