Is lupus a progressive disease?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Thu, 24 May 2018 in Lupus
Question: Is lupus a progressive disease to the point that I would now need a care taker?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's a progressive disease and you may need caretaker

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, the complications of lupus as set in and yes it's progressive though disease process can be slowed down. You may need to have renal biopsy for lupus nephritis as treatment is based on the the stage of the disease but other complications may lead to interference with daily routine.

Repeated follow up with a rheumatologist and treatment compliance is a must and will need an extra hand in the process to help you through. Having a full time care taker will also help to slow down the disease with better care and management support. Wishing you a healthy life. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng