Is lucozade advisable for a type 2 diabetic ?
Thanks for your query.
Diabetes Type 2 is a condition marked by high levels of sugar(glucose) in the blood. Since the body cannot prepare good amount of insulin , the glucose fails to enter the cells and hence remains at high levels in blood .
People with diabetes are generally advised to consume drinks which contain only low levels of sugars.Since LUCOZADE is a concentrated source of carbohydrate, it is not suitable for everyday consumption in people with diabetes.
However, LUCOZADE can be used by people with diabetes for emergency correction when they reach a stage called hypoglycemia ,where the blood sugars fall drastically and cause symptoms like sweating , palpitations , tremors ,etc.
Hence I suggest you not to consume this drink every day.
For personalized diet and fitness plan you can avail our services, I will provide the link for the same below
I hope I answered your query ,I shall be available for your follow up queries as well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is lucozade bad for type 2 diabetes
- Can lucozade cause diarrhoea in diabetics
- Is lucozade advisable for a type 2 diabetic
- Will drinking lucozade give me diabetes
- Lucozade suitable for diabetics
- Diabetes and lucozade
- Can lucozade cause diabetes
- Lucozade diabetes hypoglycemia
- Type 2 diabetes effect of drinking lucozade
- Diabetic can lucozade be good or bad
- Cluster of brown raised pimples on cheeks. Need treatment
- 4 year old with cough, stuffed nose, greenish discharge from eyes. Need...
- Nasal septum looks like broken, does not join with nasal bone after...
- Irregular periods and weight gain after endoscopy, was on DHEA &...
- Suffering from sore throat, dry nose, bleeding. Causes?
- Congestion in ears and nose, persisting dizziness, cold. Took sudafed...
- Foreskin left rolled back after frenuloplasty. Should be trying to bring...
- Can allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, breathlessness be the symptoms of...
- Swelling and bruise on foot and ankle after an injury. Is running advised?
- Rheumatic arthritis patient,asthma,severe osteoporosis,loss of appetite